Fredonia, New York 14063
Fredonia And Dunkirk Homes For Sale | In 2019, Fredonia New York started to gain national recognition as the season 5 winner of the Small Business Revolution! Fredonia is another one of Chautauqua’s well known small village communities and is considered a college town as Fredonia State University is located in Fredonia.
Dunkirk, New York 14048
Dunkirk New York is nestled on the beautiful shores of Lake Erie and is currently experiencing a renaissance. Recently Athenex, a Nasdaq traded company, started building a new facility in Dunkirk NY with the potential of creating hundreds of new jobs! This new development should further increase the demand for Fredonia and Dunkirk homes for sale.
Notable People from the Dunkirk/Fredonia area…
· June Card, operatic soprano and stage director
· Dave Criscione, retired Major League Baseball catcher
· Celestine Damiano, former Bishop of Camden
· Katharine Bement Davis, social reformer
· Mike DiMuro, MLB umpire
· Ray DiMuro, retired MLB umpire
· Francis S. Edwards, former US congressman
· Mike Friedman, pro-racing cyclist
· Daniel G. Garnsey, former US congressman
· Dave Graf, retired NFL linebacker
· Thomas Horan, a Medal of Honor Recipient at the battle of Gettysburg (1863) during the Civil War, was born in Dunkirk in 1839 and died 1902. His grave is at Saint Mary’s Cemetery in Dunkirk.
· John T. McDonough, former Secretary of State of New York
· Sean Patrick McGraw, country music artist
· Jim McGuire, former MLB player
· Cindy Miller, pro golfer
· Elisha Ward, former New York state senator
· Norm Hitzges, host on Sportsradio 1310 AM and 96.7 FM the Ticket in the Dallas-Fort-Worth area and Texas Radio Hall of Famer